What information we collect
We collect your personal information when you visit, an Trak Spex store or contact us via Telephone, mail, email, facsimile, or through our website. The information that we collect may include your name, address and contact details birth date, health information, credit card information, occupation, answers to lifestyle questions to better understand your eyewear and eye care needs and assist us to offer the best options. We maintain a history of your transactions with our business. There may be also occasions when we need to obtain personal information from a third party. For example we may collect personal information from your Health Fund or from a government agency such as Medicare Australia. These third parties will for instance advise us of your eligibility to rebates on eyecare services and eyewear products. We may also be required to contact 3rd parties, for instance your previous eye care specialist for relevant medical histories.
How we use your personal information
The personal information we collect is generally used but not limited to
- provide products and services to our customers;
- respond to requests or inquiries;
- maintain records for warranty administration of products or services purchased
- transact payments of accounts in accordance with banking and card merchant practices
- evaluate, develop and enhance our websites and our services;
- provide information to individuals about products or services that we think may be of interest to them;
- announce special offers, promotions or seek your input on your service from Trak Spex;
- advise you of upcoming eye examination appointments; and
- advise you when you need another eye test
How we might share your information?
The personal information that we have can only be accessed by employees of Trak Spex or authorized personnel engaged for maintenance, IT work or other necessary functions. However, we may disclose some of the personal information that Trak Spex holds to:
1. contractors, service providers or our suppliers engaged by Trak Spex; for example, your prescription information; to assist with the administration process or providing services or products related to the provision of eyecare and/or eyewear services.
2. banks or financial institutions for the purpose of processing payments
3. third parties without your authorisation such as law enforcement agencies or government agencies
Your personal information may be stored in hard copy or electronically.
Trak Spex takes precautions by both technical and physical means to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Shop 6, Village Walk
493 Toorak Road
Toorak VIC 3142